Dangerous Beans

One-half of Deux Lectrices, writing about the things I read.

Reading progress update: I've read 49%.

The Girl in the Clockwork Collar - Kady Cross

He had survived a knife wound when they fought The Machinist and rallied. He would simply have to survive this, as well. [Location 1970]

Uh huh, a knife wound where?

She didn’t care if leaving meant Jasper would be on his own. She didn’t care if her absence destroyed whatever fragile trust Dalton held for her. Dalton could go to hell. [Location 1970]

Jasper was the person he spent about half his fortunate buying an airship for, but fuck it, MY LOVE might be in danger of dying.

At the hotel, she took the stairs rather than the lift because she could take them two at a time and a lot faster than most people. [Location 1978]

God, srsly?  Just shut up.

Finley barely glanced at Sam, who stood up as soon as she came in. [Location 1986]

A character with more self awareness and less Mary Sueness would see how many people dislike her and figure out what SHE'S doing wrong.  In this series it's everyone else is doing something wrong by not immediately kissing the ass of the Mary Sue.

She wanted to blame him for this. Wanted to pound his fine-boned face until it split beneath her fists, [Location 1986]

Never mind that it was Griffin's own stupid fault that he nearly died, let me beat Tesla's face in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She’d been off scrapping in a dirty lane with Jasper to help a girl who didn’t even like her. [Location 1994]

him and find out whether or not he was guilty of the crimes level against him.

FIXED THAT FOR YOU, SINCE YOU SEEM TO BE TOO BUSY TRYING TO BUILD UP THE ROMANCE TO REMEMBER WHAT THE BASIS OF THIS NOVEL WAS.

Finley didn’t bother to sit on the chair Sam had used. [Location 2003]

IT'S HIS FAULT FOR NOT LIKING ME, BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

“Don’t you dare die. You have to live so I can curse you up and down for scaring me like this.” [Location 2003]

Yeah, considering how every other ~life threatening~ situation is usually just them having as much trouble as solving a math problem from later on in the chapter, I DOUBT he'll die.  Be nice if he did tho.