Dangerous Beans

One-half of Deux Lectrices, writing about the things I read.

Reading progress update: I've read 53%.

The Girl in the Clockwork Collar - Kady Cross

I'm not quoting this part because it's a stupid fight between Mary Sue and Mei, except any time the author could make Mary Sue likeable by giving Mei the upper hand, she immediately has Mary Sue do something else.

Mei come in her room to talk?  Have Mary Sue be a massive bitch and imply that Jasper doesn't actually love her.

Mei slaps Mary Sue?  Have Mary Sue threaten to set off her collar.

Mei pretends she did set off the collar?  Have Mary Sue retaliate by hair pulling and HANGING HER OUT A WINDOW BY HER HAIR.

Mei warns her she'll regret it (THE AUDIENCE KNOWS BY NOW SHE WON'T, CROSS, WE'VE SEEN YOUR PET GET INTO ENOUGH SCRAPES TO SEE THAT SHE'LL ALWAYS HAVE THE UPPER HAND)?  Have Mary Sue tell her to "bring it"

No, sorry.  What happened in my head is that Mei came in and made vague threats against Finley, calling her by her real name (for added villainy), telling her she knows that she went to Griffin's last night, etc.  She then says that if Mary Sue wants to make another assumption about Jasper not loving her, she'd gladly tell Dalton all about Mary Sue's real connections to both Jasper and Griffin.